By using our Site, you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions and that you agree to comply with them.
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions (together with the Privacy Notice and Copyright Policy) outline the terms and conditions on which you may make use of our website www.acaps.org (our Site), whether as a visitor, guest or a registered user. Use of our Site includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use our Site.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully as these will apply to your use of our Site. We recommend that you print a copy of this for future reference.
If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you must not use our Site.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.acaps.org is a Site operated by the Assessment Capacities Project (ACAPS) (We or Us). We are hosted by the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), an independent, non-governmental humanitarian organisation.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Our Site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Site.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and conditions and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
In the event that, in order to employ certain functions or services, user registration is required, this will be performed by means of data gathering forms, subject to the terms of personal data protection legislation.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms and conditions.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us.
USING OUR CONTENT
If you wish to make any use of content on our Site other than that set out herein, please contact us.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our prior written consent.
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- In any way that violates the principles of good faith and public order.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- For the purpose of distributing content or propaganda of a racist or xenophobic, pornographic or illegal nature, or any which infringes human rights.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To attempt to access and, where applicable, make use of the e-mail accounts of other users or to modify or manipulate their messages.
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojans, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate or re-sell our Site without having informed us and us having granted the corresponding authorisation. This excludes content as per copyright policy.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site;
- any equipment or network on which our Site are stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources. Any usage of a link or connection to a third-party website is performed at the sole risk and venture of the user.
We cannot guarantee that the Site and the server are free of viruses, and therefore accept no liability for any damages which may be caused by such anomalies or any other technical incidents.
Subscription to products published by ACAPS conducted via the Site will be voluntary, and presuppose acceptance of these terms and conditions. Registration for such services constitutes authorisation for ACAPS to perform this type of communication. Users may revoke authorisation by contacting us in the manner indicated in each case.
CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We update our Site regularly, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and We are under no obligation to update it.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site is free from errors or omissions. We also make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site published in languages other than English are free from errors of translation.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Site or our Services; or
use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site.
The User specifically acknowledges and agrees that ACAPS is not liable for any conduct of any User. Neither ACAPS, nor any of its agents, employees or sources, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We assume no responsibility for any errors of translation in content on our Site in languages other than English.
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by Swiss law.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We reserve the right to deny or withdraw access to its Website and/or the services provided without the need for prior notification, on our own initiative or at the behest of a third party, in the event that users are in breach of these Terms & Conditions.
We explicitly reserve the right to pursue any breach of these Terms & Conditions for any improper usage of the Site by exercising all civil and criminal actions to which we may legally be entitled.
CHANGES TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these terms and conditions may also be superseded by provisions.
These terms and conditions, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by Swiss law. Both you and we agree that the courts of Switzerland will have exclusive jurisdiction.