ACAPS is collaborating with IOM’s Needs and Population Monitoring (NPM) project since December 2017, and have established an Analysis Hub in Cox’s Bazar. This Analysis Hub supports operational actors in providing analytical briefs, by looking at primary data, conducting secondary data review, and discussing with key stakeholders on different themes. The Hub provides stakeholders with an overview of the situation through regular updates and specialised thematic products. Regular updates come in the form of an ACAPS-designed overview product and through other products that will be a combination of stakeholder requests and initiations of the Hub.
Since 2018, the ACAPS Hub in Cox’s Bazar has been looking at ways in which analysis of gender issues among the Rohingya and host community can support improved gender sensitive humanitarian programming. In particular, the Hub has been focusing on strengthening gender analysis in the response. In 2020 ACAPS provided support to Gender in Humanitarian Action (GiHA) on the Rapid Gender Assessment (RGA).
DOWNLOAD GENDER-FOCUSED ANALYSIS
- Protection implications of polygamous marriages in the Rohingya camps
- Comprehensive Gender Analysis within Rohingya and Host Communities in Cox’s Bazar Bangladesh -
By the GIHA Working Group, co-chaired by UNHCR, in collaboration with ACAPS Analysis Hub, IOM Needs and Population Monitoring Unit
- Rohingya refugee response: gaps in gender research
- In the shadows of the pandemic: the gendered impact of COVID-19 on Rohingya and host communities
- Rohingya refugee response: impact of COVID-19 on gender programming
- Rohingya refugee response: strengthening gender analysis
Listen to the audio-pilot discussion Series
- Our thoughts: Rohingya share their experiences and recommendations (April 2021)
- Considering age and disability (February 2021)
- Characteristics of vulnerable households (October 2020)