- According to the latest government figures, 1.4 million people are in need of humanitarian aid, including 750,000 targeted to address serious needs.
- At least 61,537 have been evacuated or displaced and are housed in 192 temporary shelters.
- So far, at least 1,000 people have been reported dead but the death toll is still expected to rise as the worst-affected areas are accessed.
- New cholera cases have already been reported, and enormous water infrastructure damage. Preliminary assessment indicates food shortages in worst-affected areas of Sud and Grand'Anse departments.
- Flooding, landslides, and debris have cut road access throughout affected areas, although a temporary bridge has replaced the collapsed La Digue bridge, enabling vehicle access to southern departments.