Crisis Severity The severity score from 1 to 5 is based on 31 indicators aggregated into 3 pillars (impact, conditions, and complexity)4.30 Very lowVery high 5
Impact This measures the impact of the crisis itself, in terms of the scope of its geographical, and human effects.3.90 Very lowVery high 5
Humanitarian Conditions This measures the conditions and status of the people affected, including info about the distribution of severity.4.50 Very lowVery high 5
Complexity This measures the complexity of the crisis, in terms of factors that affect its mitigation or resolution.4.10 Very lowVery high 5
Access Constraints This measures the level of humanitarian access constraints.4.0No constraintsExtreme constraints
The Syrian regional crisis represents one of the largest displacement crises in the world. Since the conflict began in 2011, an estimated 7.1 million refugees have left the country and sought shelter primarily in the neighbouring Türkiye, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, and Egypt. This figure includes 5.6 million registered Syrian refugees across the region and 48,000 Palestinian refugees from Syria residing mainly in Jordan and Lebanon. ?
95% of the refugees live in urban and peri-urban settings, while the remaining 5% reside in camps. Many refugees have lost their livelihoods and income sources because of COVID-19 and associated movement restrictions and lockdowns. These populations are at risk of experiencing increased poverty and food insecurity ?.
Refugees often face challenges in accessing civil documents because of complex bureaucratic procedures, lack of awareness concerning the requirements and processes, limited access to legal support, and inconsistencies in the application of laws and procedures ?. Lack of civil documentation prevents them from accessing basic services and humanitarian assistance.
While the majority of Syrian refugees hope to eventually return to Syria, few are planning to do so in the near future. The key factors stopping them from returning are a lack of livelihood opportunities, safety, and security, as well as inadequate housing in their areas of origin ?.
No recent significant humanitarian developments. The crisis is being monitored by our analysis team.
UNHCR registered Syrian refugees
Source : UNHCR 30/06/2022 - https://data2.unhcr.org/en/situations/syria