Joint Assessments in Somalia
OCHA together with ACAPS deployed in August an assessment expert to Somalia for a 3-month mission. The main objectives of this mission is to:
- Support the consolidation of assessment information
- Implement the Operational Guidance for Coordinated Assessments in Emergencies developed by the IASC Needs assessment Task Force.
- Facilitate joint assessment missions within Somalia to identify humanitarian needs, and maintain an ongoing overview of humanitarian needs and gaps
- Facilitate an Assessment Working Group and assist the Inter-cluster Coordination Group in assessment planning and data harmonisation
- Provide technical support to clusters and agencies for the harmonisation and consolidation of assessment data and facilitateagreement on tool/methodology/questions
- Capture relevant lessons learned